POSSIBLY THE COOLEST PART-TIME SOCIAL MEDIA + CONTENT ALL-STAR JOB EVER...
Most social media + content assistants are word wizards who can connect and engage with people through social media, yet make everyone feel like they’re besties, sitting right next to each other on a cozy couch. You make it look easy and effortless in your writing style, but there’s a lot of care that goes into it.
You pride yourself on being able to tap into someone else’s “voice” and write what you know needs to be said…
Only problem is...most of the time, you never get the chance to fully showcase those skills because while they say they want YOU to own the writing, they don’t give you any freedom to write and engage, or as soon as you write something, someone else thinks they can do it better, or maybe you’ve just been hit with a bombardment of deadlines at once and never have the time and space to truly WRITE.
It feels like no one will really let you actually DO what you do best.
But, what if you didn’t have these problems? What if every single day you came to work in a place that appreciated the work that you do? And trusted that YOU could do it better than anyone else on the team?
Where you could truly care about the humans on the other end of the email or the social media post. And your team members acknowledged how much of yourself you put into your job, even though you make it look effortless and flawless.
Where you’re celebrated for your magical talents of connecting to our audience and making them feel seen + heard through your words.
YOU’LL KNOW THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF…
There’s no greater feeling of accomplishment for you than knowing a post or email your wrote made people FEEL something
You cringe when you see someone hasn’t posted or emailed in weeks, let alone months...as you value staying connected
You’re constantly on social media for fun, and can’t believe you get paid to play
You sometimes write things on your to-do list after you’ve done them just so you can check them off
And having content planned for an entire month in advance makes you giddy on the inside!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN OUR ALL-STAR...
This is ONE role, which is the perfect fit for someone who loves to strategize and develop social media and content marketing campaigns that make sense together, increase brand awareness, engage authentically with our community, and drive traffic to our free offers and paid products through social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
*Important: This position is more than just curating and posting social media content. We’re looking for someone to cultivate positive relationships with our community, be an innovative and strategic thinker for big marketing campaigns, be at the forefront of social media marketing trends and dive into the metrics to use as a tool for pivoting and improving our campaigns!
How ‘bout we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? Our small business is completely virtual. We’re biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the way small business owners run their businesses + live their lives (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!). Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and there is some bad news…
LET’S GET THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY FIRST:
The hours are weird. At first, we may have 10 hours a week, and then as you start to get more familiar with our business + seasonality, it might grow to 25/week or even full-time if desired. So, if you’re looking for something full-time to start, or want to squeeze our work-in next to your other 5 clients, then this is no longer the “coolest” part time job ever, it just became the “suckiest” and probably isn’t a good fit. We’re looking for someone who can join our team with these part-time hours, but feel like this is where they will grow into their full-time home.
Review point 1.
NOW, LET’S TALK ABOUT THE GOOD STUFF…
1. Our office is virtual...which means you can wear yoga pants, or pajamas, or a costume. Really the idea is that you can wear whatever you want. Just think of the amazing money you’ll be saving on ‘work clothes’ and the time in the morning that you won’t have to spend clogging your pores with makeup. Okay, so that part is maybe not the greatest for everyone, but there are some (truly) great things...
2. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for our founder, Adrienne, and helping her with a mix of content initiatives, projects and support.
3. We aren’t big on stress. Our big motto -- we’re not creating oxygen. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
4. The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. One long day a week best for you? No problem. Rather work mid-morning until mid-afternoon? Cool, we can do that too. But our preferred is that you’re within 3+/- hours of Eastern Time zone so that we can overlap and connect when needed from time to time.
5. You’ll experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do and help guide the direction of the content strategy of the business.
6. You’ll have a ton autonomy + the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and boss Adrienne around when you need her to get things done.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RELATED TO SOCIAL MEDIA:
Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase our web traffic, build brand awareness and achieve marketing KPIs.
Manage, create and publish original, high quality content on all our social media platforms (Facebook Page, and Instagram)
Design creative, eye-catching graphics for social media posts when necessary (i.e. design IG stories for Student Spotlight features, launch promotions etc.)
Monitor the daily cultural pulse of RLC Community, including DMs and mentions on all social media channels.
Stay up-to-date with Instagram & Facebook Group best practices, trends and features.
Develop and implement social media strategies for product launches, community events, collaborations, student features etc.
Prepare weekly tracking reports on social media KPIs (web traffic, leads, conversions, engagement, reach etc.) and bring creative ideas to the table on how to improve these KPIs
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RELATED TO RLC CONTENT:
Collaborate with our founder to craft podcast content that generates value for our community, highlights our clients + creates listener engagement
Create and execute a podcast content strategy to generate brand awareness, leads and sales
Write, edit and publish engaging blog posts to accompany podcast episodes that resonate with our target audience on a weekly basis
Create + execute an email marketing strategy to go alongside our content strategy to generate brand awareness, leads and sales
Proactively nominate stellar students and craft monthly student features + case studies
Random bullet point inserted to see if you’re paying attention. Put the secret code “I have found my type of peeps” in your cover letter/video email subject line
Develop ideas for new content
Design feature images for content as needed
Present weekly reports on content metrics (web traffic, leads, bounce rate, click through rates, sales etc.) and provide strategic insight on improving content metrics.
NOW, LET’S TALK ABOUT THE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. You’re fired up about our mission to help more business owners design a business + a team that can run itself. We believe that by removing small business owners from the day-to-day of the operation, it improves their quality of life, allows their team members to grow + develop, creates the space for the business to grow + earn more...and gives them the space they need to create a life they enjoy waking up to. Because when we grow + scale businesses, entrepreneurs have the power to be more generous + truly change the world.
2. You have experience in content creation, community engagement + email marketing. The majority of your time will be spent creating fun + valuable content either for social media, our email community, or podcast episodes. You need to be able to think strategically about the bigger picture of the business and community + how the right content will fit in, as well as being an engaging writer + communicator.
3. You’re the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff. You love lists, and checking things off diligently...and maybe you’re even one of those people who writes things onto the list just so you can check it off. That’s great, we love people like you!
4. You write engaging copy + understand the online marketing world. An understanding of copywriting, online marketing + business, social media, email, + navigating the web, will be critical.
5. You’re creative and at least slightly tech savvy. An understanding tools like photoshop, video + audio editors, SquareSpace, and google suite is preferred.
6. You’re good with people. Part of this role will be emailing + messaging with customers + the team. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction, and be able to do it with love + empathy...even if you’re having a shit day.
7. You love nailing down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half-assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to have an eye for the bigger picture + how things fit together with our messaging, content + promotions and be able to nail the details that match, and get them done right.
8. You think strategically and bring ideas to the table of opportunities that we haven’t yet seen or taken advantage of to drive the business forward. You then need to be able to map out, and execute those ideas alongside the team.
9. You love taking the lead on your own projects. You love having full ownership over the creation, execution, and results of your own projects. You’re constantly seeking to improve these projects asking yourself things like What’s working? What’s not working? How can I improve this? How can I make this better? Did I see the results I was hoping for? What are other people doing in the industry? etc. to achieve amazing outcomes.
10. You have an eye for design and creating aesthetically pleasing marketing materials for social media. You're great at creating engaging and eye-catching graphics for social media.
11. You love numbers + tracking things + need to know how things are working or performing in the business. You need to be excited (or at least not afraid) to dig into a google spreadsheet. You don’t need to have been a math major in college, but it should keep you up at night if we don’t have a grasp on the metrics + how things are impacting the growth of the business.
YOU’LL BE MEGA SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU’RE A HUMAN WHO…
Has a passion for creative ideas, social media and content strategy.
Can handle stress and tight deadlines on occasion.
Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and our community.
Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
Is a high-functioning communicator.
Takes ownership and pride in their work.
Is not afraid of new challenges.
Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
Adapts really well to changes on-the-go.
Is technologically savvy.
Can handle direct & blunt feedback (Adrienne can’t hold it back).
Can juggle lots of moving pieces.
Bonus if you have previous experience creating effective social media marketing campaigns for digital product launches (courses, digital books, membership sites etc.)
In short, your job is to help Adrienne in any way you can drive the mission of Run Like Clockwork forward through our content and messaging + continue to free her up from questions, decisions, and things she doesn’t need to be involved in. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?).
But what we don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. We don’t really care if you know how to use Asana yet (although that’s a plus), we can teach you that. We expect a passion + skill for writing engaging content, energy, organization, resourcefulness and a get-it-done attitude.
To learn more about the company, check out www.runlikeclockwork.com.
We will likely get 100+ applications for this role and we simply don’t have time to interview that many candidates, so make this stand out if you want a job that will change the entire trajectory of your life.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: This is a part time job. The hours would start at 10-20 a week and likely grow from there into full-time over the next 6 months. This is a virtual role, so you can work from wherever is most comfortable -- but we’d prefer someone who is within 3 hours +/- of the Eastern Time zone.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position you must use the secret subject line for the email -- it must include “I have found my type of peeps”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but, is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume (in fact, everyone who works here did this). And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
Fill out the application. https://forms.gle/HTNzqU9cJSEZJiMY8
Create a cover letter or video answering the following questions:
Tell us how you will fit in THIS job specifically. We know what’s a fit for us and want to know if this is a fit for YOU. We will NOT be calling you to clarify whether or not you’re a fit. SELL US on why we would be lucky to have you on the team.
Tell us your precise compensation requirements.
(Note: Be strategic here. If you pick a number in the range we have in mind, and everything else in your application looks good, we will interview you. If you shoot too high and pick a number outside of our range (when you would have been happy with a lower number), we won’t get the chance to talk, even if the rest of your application is perfect. And if you don’t provide a number at all, we will completely dismiss your application. We do not provide the range in advance. We want to hear what the lowest number is that would make the job a hell yes for you if all other conditions were met.)
After you submit your application, THEN email your video or cover letter to email@example.com with the secret subject line.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm ET Sunday, August 11th, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.